First of all, Happy New Year! We’ve only been blogging for about 3 months on this topic, but we have been shopping at Trader Joe’s for about 15 years so we have a pretty good idea what’s good and what’s not. So many products come and go over the course of a year that it’s hard to comment on the ones that don’t stick around very long, but we will be updating this list every year!
This is a list that is a combination of both my favorites and my wife’s. Not all of these have been rated yet, but you can count on all of them being rated shortly!
10. Trader Joe’s Organic Ketchup – This ain’t your Heinz, but I really like this stuff. Kids eat a ton of it too!
9. Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Hummus – My wife eats a ton of this stuff and says it’s the real deal.
8 . Trader Joe’s 2009 Napa Valley Meritage – This wine really surprised me. Get it if you can!
7. Trader Joe’s salted Blister Peanuts – These are a perennial favorite. No peanut allergies here. We eat pounds of these!
6. Trader Joe’s Marcona Almonds with skins – I love Marcona almonds! With the skins on even better!
5. Trader Joe’s Olive Oil Popcorn – Pure and simple, popcorn and olive oil!
4. Trader Joe’s Peppermint Joe’s Joe’s dipped in Dark Chocolate – See my full review, but these are evil, just evil I tell you!
3. Trader Joe’s Peppermint Pretzel Slims – Thank god these only come once a year, I would be big as a boat!
2. Trader Joe’s Chicken Barley and Vegetable Soup – One of the best soups I’ve ever eaten. Just like mom used to make!
1. Trader Joe’s Lucques Olives – If you’ve not tried these little green gems, simply the best olives out there!
Bottom 5 things to avoid! I will let my reviews speak for themselves!
Look for almost daily reviews of food and wine from Trader Joe’s here at Club Trader Joe’s for 2012