Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that you enjoy the most. Many of my reviews are of splashy new products that are outrageous like the new Vegan Cheeseburger Pizza(!) but so many of the things that Trader Joe’s sells are simple food. Like this Trader Joe’s Herbs de Provence Potato Wedges.
This is a pretty simple review. There isn’t much to it. There are basically three ingredients. Potatoes, Oil and herbs. Ok, maybe a little salt too. But you get my drift. This is a product for the people that are truly in a hurry because you can make this yourself without a lot of hassle, but I hear you. You have kids screaming in the other room for attention and how much simpler could it be than to dump a bag of frozen potato wedges on a tray and pop them in the oven (or air fryer!)?
Just warm up the oven and pop these suckers in there for about 15 minutes or a few minutes less if you are using an air fryer. Then, Voila! you have some really nicely baked and possibly crispy potato wedges that are covered in olive oil and herbs de Provence.
The reason why these are almost better than anything you will find at Safeway or Krogers is that they are MADE IN FRANCE and I don’t know what those French people do to their frozen food, but it tastes better than anything made in the USA, except if you make them yourself. I have provided a recipe below to make your own if you are adventuresome.
I served these with roasted chicken and some green beans on the side. They were excellent. They had a deep, rich herby flavor and they got nicely browned with some crunchy edges. I used a regular oven but an air fryer might kick them up a notch.
I really enjoyed these Trader Joe’s Herbs de Provence Potato Wedges. I hope they aren’t a seasonal thing and they carry them year-round because I thought they were some of the best frozen potato products I have ever had. It goes without saying, but I will say it they are Vegan. I am going to give them 9 Bells!
Homemade Herbs de Provence Potato Wedges
- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried lavender
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, basil, lavender, salt and pepper.
- Add the potato wedges to the bowl and mix until they are coated with the herb mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place the wedges in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy, flipping them once halfway through.
- Serve hot as a side dish. Enjoy!
How to Prepare
COOK FROM FROZEN
CONVENTIONAL OVEN: Pre-heat oven to
400°F. Remove all packaging and place desired amount of potatoes on a baking sheet on the center rack of the oven. Roast until golden brown on the outside and fork tender in the center, about 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
AIR FRYER: Remove all packaging and place potatoes in a single layer in an air fryer. Cook at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.