Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower Vegan Bowl Review
I can’t imagine the amount of Cauliflower Trader Joe’s is using right now on all their various cauliflower dishes and ingredients. I can’t keep them all straight. All these vegan and gluten free dishes are a bit overwhelming right now, but I know how much people like them and so I am always ready to try more. In that spirit, I saw this in the frozen section for quite a while and I don’t know if just looked like so many of those frozen bowls they have had over the years or what but for whatever reason, it made it in my basket this trip.
This is the perfect type of thing for lunch or part of a dinner if you need something quick and easy with enough calories to fill you up. The whole bowl is 300 calories, which is a little light for a whole meal for many people. But, on Trader Joe’s website, they came up with an innovative solution to this. They turned these bowls in a wrap. They take the bowl and put it in a tortilla and put some lettuce and avocado in the wrap. Now that would be a full meal and I could get behind that. Another suggestion is to top the bowl with avocado and a fried egg. Again another great idea!
This bowl couldn’t be simpler. Take it out of the box. Just cut a slit in the top of the plastic and nuke it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Take off the plastic and stir and nuke again for a minute or two. Voila, done!
The aromas emanating from the microwave were incredible. I was eager to pull off the plastic top and dig into it. The bowl is a brightly colored mix of vegetables, grains, and other interesting bits. My first bite was a bit sour but as I ate more it seemed like it was balanced good and the sourness seemed to fade. It has a bit of chili heat and the tahini gives it a really nice richness. I really quite enjoyed this and even as a non-vegan I would be happy to eat this again!
CAULIFLOWER, TAHINI SAUCE (WATER, SESAME SEED PASTE, OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE CONCENTRATE, SALT, MARJORAM, GARLIC), MARINATED CHICKPEAS (CHICKPEAS, OLIVE OIL, CHILI POWDER [CHILI PEPPER, PAPRIKA, SALT, GARLIC POWDER], GARLIC POWDER, OREGANO, SALT, CUMIN), SWEET POTATO, TOFU (WATER, SOYBEAN, CALCIUM SULFATE, GLUCONO-DELTA-LACTONE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE), KALE, ONION, PARSLEY, RED CHILI PASTE (RED CHILI PEPPERS, SALT, DISTILLED VINEGAR, XANTHAN GUM), TAMARI SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEAN, SALT, ETHYL ALCOHOL), SALT.
2.5 servings per container | Serving size 1 cup (119g) | Amount per serving: Calories 120
Total Fat 7g (9% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carbohydrate 11g (4% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (11% DV), Total Sugars 2g—Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV), Protein 5g, Vitamin D (0% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (10% DV), Potassium (6% DV).
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.